Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ikea Hack - Rast Nightstand

I have a serious affinity for getting the champagne look on a broke girl's budget. That's why when I saw this post from Almost Makes Perfect, I knew I had to try it. I've posted before about Ikea Hacks, and because their furniture is so inexpensive, it's the perfect start to that accent piece of furniture you either cannot find or cannot afford.
 
So, you start with the Ikea Rast nightstand:
Use woodfiller to fill in the holes for those wooden knobs (replace with any brass or funky hardware - I chose brass bamboo pulls from etsy - 6 for $12.00). In addition, you'll want to buy the brass corner pieces - they come 4 to a pack for around $7.00 at Lowe's or Home Depot.
 
(FYI measuring where to drill the new holes for whatever handles you choose is the hardest part - take deep breaths.)
 
Paint any color you want - I chose Mark Twain Gray Brick by Valspar (In hindsight, I should have gone glossier than the eggshell, but I was cheap and made two samples work hard, so if you go my way, just use a top coat)
 
And BAM! Here is the finished product:
 
I am basically in love with them - and they were so much cheaper than the pieces you see from swanky dealers and boutiques.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment